Skip to content

Niagara Falls Canada Visa Passport

Canadian Niagara Falls

Visa & Passport

Whether you are a citizen of the United States or another country, make sure you have the proper travel document(s) such as passport to enter Canada. If entering with your passport, make sure it is valid for at least six months beyond your date of departure from Canada.

Entry for U.S. Citizens & Residents
United States citizens do not need a visa to enter and stay in Canada for up to six months for tourism. Acceptable documents include a valid U.S. passport (card or book), driver’s license, Enhanced Tribal ID card, and Trusted Traveler Card issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for travel between the U.S. and Canada. Though you can enter Canada with a U.S. driver’s license, you will not be accepted back into the United States. U.S. residents who are not citizens of the United States can enter Canada without a visa, if they can show proof of residence in the country such as a U.S. Green Card.

Rainbow Bridge across the Niagara River, New York State

Rainbow Bridge to Canada by Ad MeskensVisa Free Entry for other Citizens
Citizens from countries in Western Europe do not need a visa to Canada if staying up to six months for tourism. These countries include Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, and United Kingdom. Other European countries include the Scandinavian countries of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden and the Baltic countries of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.

Citizens of certain countries from the Caribbean, Asian, and Australasia regions may also stay in Canada for up to six months for tourism. Countries in the Caribbean include Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, and Saint Kitts and Nevis. Citizen from Asia include Brunei, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, and Taiwan. Citizens from Australasia include Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, and Solomon Islands.

Canadian Side of Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

Canadian checkpoint at Rainbow Bridge by Verne EquinoxApplying for a Visa
Citizens from countries requiring a visa to Canada should apply from the nearest visa application center (VAC), located around the world including the United States. Applicants should submit a valid travel document (such as passport), two passport-sized photographs, proof you have sufficient funds, and confirmed reservation during your stay in Canada. If applying when in the United States, you can apply online if eligible. You are required to pay a processing fee for your visa. Visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada website ( for further information.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *